Top 5 Egg Donor Disqualifications: What You Need to Know
The next-gen egg collective in Southern California, PureOvum, takes a comprehensive, unique approach when it comes to the egg donor program. In fact, this is not your average egg donor agency.
PureOvum is redefining the donor experience to give egg donors a modern, cultured program that highlights empowerment, emphasizes travel (mixing business and pleasure), cultivates inspiration — and offers a modest approach to the whole experience of egg donation.
There are several factors taken into consideration when a candidate applies to become an egg donor. And while many exceptionally qualified women pass the strict requirements that must be met to donate eggs, it is also important to note that potential candidates can be disqualified from being an egg donor.
Top Disqualifications from Becoming an Egg Donor
Let’s take a closer look at what should be considered by potential egg donor candidates who are ready to submit an egg donor application.
The top disqualifications from being an egg donor:
1. Lifestyle Habits. You should not be on any long-term medications, use illegal drugs, or drink alcohol in excess. You should not be using tobacco products. Proper nourishment is a vital part of being an egg donor. A healthy diet correlates to a healthy donor cycle. Maintaining your health and wellness is essential to the egg donation process.
2. Health Concerns. Certain inheritable genetic disorders will eliminate you from donating your eggs. You also need to be within a specific BMI range to qualify. Additionally, women who have experienced irregular periods that are long, short, heavy, or severely painful may not be eligible to become an egg donor.
3. Use of Certain Types of Contraception. Women using Depo-Provera injections or contraceptive implants may not be able to donate their eggs. Depo-Provera delays the egg donation process for six months. Norplant birth control will delay your donation by two months. Why the delay? This is important as we want all medications to exit your system before attempting to stimulate your body to produce a large number of eggs.
4. Inability to Commit. Donating your eggs can be a life-changing experience. Potential egg donors should understand that egg donation is an enormous commitment. A failure to commit to the entire process and ongoing appointments can disqualify you.
5. Age. Age is a tremendous factor. If a potential egg donor is not within the required age range, it can yield poor quality eggs. Poor quality eggs cannot develop into viable embryos. Our age requirements for egg donation is between the ages of 20 and 30 years old.
Gratifying Experience of Egg Donation
Thinking about becoming an egg donor at the modern-day egg collective in San Diego? Physician-owned PureOvum wants to make the egg donor process a gratifying experience for you. What sets our egg donation program apart? The difference is in every experience.
San Diego is an extraordinary getaway for the journeyer millennial. And the care you’ll receive during your cycle is even more remarkable. We care for our egg donors in a way that other programs cannot because they over accept donors at an unremittingly high rate.
Unlike other egg donor agencies, our donor egg program in Southern California offers you — a customized, secure journey that will make you feel comfortable every step of the way.