Southern California’s Top Fertility Specialists
PureOvum didn’t set out to reimagine the narrative on egg donor programs, we’ve simply made it better. Our modern-day egg donor collective was created by a creatively adept team under the direct management of San Diego’s top fertility specialists.
Fertility Specialists Medical Group (FSMG) is one of the most reputable fertility centers in the country, with a team of experts specifically dedicated to collaborative reproduction.
Fertility Specialists Medical Group is a female founded and owned reproductive endocrinology and fertility clinic. Our expert fertility specialists in San Diego utilize the most advanced assisted reproductive technology and science combined with compassionate care and perseverance to provide high-quality fertility treatment, IVF and other reproductive care for patients of all orientations.
Mission: We are committed to serving our community by advocating for those needing fertility assistance, creating a supportive and friendly environment while providing education, state-of-the art diagnostics, and ethical treatments for our family of diverse patients.
With offices in San Diego and Carlsbad, CA, FSMG has been offering tailored reproductive care for more than 30 years. We consider it IVF technology with a human touch.
Fertility treatment by Southern California’s top fertility specialists, FSMG includes fertility testing and diagnosis, intrauterine insemination (IUI); in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor egg treatment, preimplantation genetic testing, and LGBTQ+ family building.
TOP DOC by Medical Professionals in San Diego — Arlene J. Morales, MD
Dr. Arlene J. Morales, Reproductive Endocrinology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, of Fertility Specialists Medical Group has been named among the top doctors in San Diego. This is Dr. Morales’s sixth time to be named to the Top Doctor list. She is one of five doctors chosen in the field of reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
Dr. Morales founded Fertility Specialist Medical Group in 2000 with the intention of creating a clinic that serves everyone in need – no matter their situation – and focused on their family-building goals, not just the next pregnancy. When she founded FSMG, the IVF industry was a male-dominated field. Overcoming this disparity to create a successful clinic is something of which Dr. Morales is exceptionally proud.
San Diego Magazine Top Fertility Specialist — Wendy B. Shelly, MD
Before joining Fertility Specialist Medical Group in 2011, Dr. Wendy B. Shelly worked at Fertility Physicians of Northern California in San Jose and Palo Alto, CA. Dr. Shelly is the surgical director at Fertility Specialist Medical Group’s in-house surgery center, the San Diego Center for Reproductive Surgery. She has also been named as one of San Diego Magazine’s Top Doctors.
Dr. Shelly provides a full range of fertility services to individuals and couples, including low-tech and high-tech treatments, as well as fertility preservation. She has a special interest in providing services to the LGBTQ+ community. She enjoys the emotional bonds that form while caring for individuals and couples going through fertility treatments.
Kristi Ann Kozola Maas, M.D.
Kristi Maas, M.D., M.E., FACOG, is double board certified in obstetrics and gynecology as well as reproductive endocrinology and infertility. She received her Bachelor of Science with honors in biomedical engineering, her master’s in engineering, and her Medical Doctorate from the University of Utah. She completed residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Tufts University’s Maine Medical Center and her fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, and at Boston IVF in Boston.
Dr. Maas provides comprehensive care through the evaluation of endocrine disorders, infertility assessments and treatments, and surgical management of specific conditions that affect fertility. Her areas of interest include polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), egg freezing/fertility preservation, recurrent pregnancy loss, and outcomes for treatment among single women and/or women in same sex relationships.
Achieving the Highest Standards for Excellent Care
- Each member of our all-female physician team is double board certified in reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI) and obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN).
- Whether it is a complex fertility condition or insurance coverage, Fertility Specialists Medical Group will help you with what you need to know. We want you to be well informed so you can make the right decisions for your fertility, finances and future.
- Southern California’s top fertility specialists have been named a Top Doc practice by San Diego Magazine five years in a row and an Optum Healthcare Center of Excellence for six consecutive years. But the most important and gratifying accolade of all is hearing our patients’ stories of success – and meeting their children! Our practice has been an Optum Healthcare Center of Excellence for six consecutive years.
- Each patient is unique. Fertility treatment should be too. There should be no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to reproductive medicine. That’s why we take the time to truly connect with our patients, enabling us to provide one-on-one care that counts.
- The path to parenthood isn’t always straight. That’s why we are experts in the nuances of providing fertility solutions for our LGBTQIA patients, as well as single patients and all those wanting to build their families.
- We’re involved in our community because we believe in advocating for you, even before you are our patient.
- Our practice offers the highest quality diagnostic and clinical care technology for our patients. With convenient clinic locations in San Diego and Carlsbad, plus a fully accredited surgery center and state-of-the-art IVF and andrology lab, we have the skills and the tools to effectively care for your reproductive health.
Egg Donation Treatment at FSMG
If your journey to parenthood requires an egg donation treatment, we are one of only a few clinics in the nation that recruits, selects, and prescreens (medically, psychologically, and genetically) its own ready-to-cycle egg donors prior to making them available on the PureOvum egg donor registry.
Unlike many fertility clinics in the United States that pay for a 3rd party egg donor agency to select donors for its IVF patients, Fertility Specialists Medical Group created their own agency, PureOvum, to reduce the egg donation costs passed on to the intended parents.